Who are SACS & ACTABS?
Bannockburn Christian Academy is currently accredited by the Accreditation Commission of the Texas Association of Baptist Schools (ACTABS) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI).
SACS CASI Accreditation:
- Affirms that the school meets standards of quality established by the international school community.
- Documents that the school is true to its own statements of missions, philosophy and goals.
- Provides a peer review process that recognizes external validity to the claims of the school.
- Promotes accountability.
- Improves instruction targeting.
- Increased student achievement.
- Stimulates a continuous process of self-assessment and systematic school development.
- Provides a complete review and written documentation of school program.
- Gives purpose and direction for long-range strategic planning.
- Provides for the organization and documentation of curriculum.
- Increases understanding of the entire school program by all who participate in the self-study.
Bannockburn Christian Academy is a member of the following associations:
- Association of Christian Schools International (ASCI)
- Texas Association of Non-Public Schools (TANS)
- Texas Elementary Principals and Supervisors Association (TEPSA)
- Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools (SBACS)
- National Business Officers Association (NBOA).
What does this mean? Through ASCI, TANS, SBACS, and NBOA our teachers and staff can take part in ongoing staff development classes and seminars. Continuing to stay abreast of the latest trends, technology and teacher materials available allows BCA to give your student the best education possible. Not only do these organizations provide ongoing development for teachers and staff, but they often give BCA students the ability to particpate in learning experiences outside the classroom.